4 May 2014

Hiatus

I should have said this earlier, but I think it's best to say it later than never.

The past few months have not been favourable for me in general. It is a combination of many little things from various factors, mostly real life issues. It is a pity, but it is best for me to drop a few activities in the mean time. Well, hopefully this hiatus will not be as long as what Togashi Yoshihiro does with his Hunter x Hunter manga series.

I wish I can keep up with blogging, but given the real life issues, as well as the overall decline in blogging (from what I have observed) as a result of the growing popularity and ease of use of social media, I admit it is a pity seeing how things end up as they are. Given that I am more of a person who shares other news and other people's works rather making my own (as they are not particularly splendour), this also goes against my favour I suppose.

I am slow on toys these days, especially due to space issues, as well as their increasing prices these days. Nevertheless I still look forward to hearing news of new Gunplas or even action figures even if I don't decide to buy them. As for the current anime and related toys, while there have always been a nice constant strema of them, not a lot of them really tickle my interest. One can say I have grown past it, but for me it's more like I don't know what really suits my taste so much, compared to what I used to enjoy in the past. Nostalgia does contribute to it, and in a dangerous way. I do hope there is a nice future for it, but maybe this is not the time. Well, at least there is still Hunter x Hunter for me to watch, and given that Togashi finally decodes to publish more chapters of the manga after a 2-year hiatus, there is something for me to look forward to, as well as the finale episode of Gundam UC OVA and the new anime such as GUNDAM THE ORIGIN (finally), and perhspa even G Reconguista.

I can still be contacted by other means if you need to, so don't worry about that.

That's it for now. I wish I can say something more positive at this moment, but that may have to come another day. It may be a sunset here for now, but there will always a daybreak after the darkest of the night.

5 comments:

  1. I feel like more and more bloggers are going on hiatuses, though I can totally relate. Life really gets in the way no matter what you try to do. I can also relate to the waning interest in what we used to blog about. I started my blog as completely Gundam-related, but recently I've found that gaming is my main interest and it definitely hasn't waned during my entire life. I guess it's just a matter of finding what you really want to write about and finding new things to say about it.

    "Blogging" has it originally was is definitely declining as a form of social media, but I use it more as a personal website and combine it with things like Twitter and Facebook, so I don't believe that blogging can truly fall out of favor. It has just evolved into something different.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a pity to see more and more people having to stop blogging for various reasons. My interest in various hobbies are still here, though I struggle to get blogging back into higher priority now, and I really don't want to put half-hearted attempt in posting.

      I can see how you mean by combining blogs with sites like twitter and Facebook for greater communication. From what I see in my point of view, more people at most care to click the "like" button and that's it. Fewer like to spend the effort to read or to leave comments these days, and that is partially what saddens me nowadays.

      Delete
  2. It've been a while pal.

    Looking at your post here, I'm truly understand what you meant cause I'm running through the process now. Looking at your blogroll only realize i have not update things in my blog for 10 months. Real life changing does impact blog life a lot. Discipline ourselves on hobby seems even harder then some routine life that not we favor but too bad, that's reality. I'm really hope one day we can back to old times where we can allocate more time as what we use to be. If I happen to visit Hong Kong, maybe we can hang out together. haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really has been a long time.

      I do hope things do not have to turn out this way. I do want to blog and share what I like, though at the same time I question myself whether it is still worth the effort anymore. Real life only makes it tougher, and that shifts priority for various activities.

      One does admit that it is easy to get nostalgic on the old times, when we get to spend more time on what we like to do. Life has its ups and downs. Hopefully we shall be on a brighter side in the near future.

      Delete
  3. I know exactly how you feel man, I'm pretty much the same way right now. It feels like writing often is more effort than it's worth.
    Heck, even I've lapsed a fair bit recently but I am still making GK so I do still have material to work with.

    Good thing too since so much else has slowed down. Maybe we're just getting too old for this...
    Having said that, the last few months have been busy!

    ReplyDelete

Be sure to copy long comments to clipboard in case of Internet or server problems