31 July 2010

SCANDAL Fan Package & Autograph

Photobucket
Got all this in the ongoing ACGHK 2010 convention. All for zenical ^^;

Japanese girl band SCANDAL has an autograph event and did guest performance (a couple of songs) on 31st July. In order to be able to get an autograph from them one must buy a fan package in order to get an allocation ticket for the event.

Photobucket
A blue plastic bag with an orange rope thing to hold all the stuff in. Comes printed with a large SCANDAL logo too.

Photobucket
A light pink t-shirt of SCANDAL. There are other colours as well but what is given to you seem random.

Photobucket
The album that comes with the package is BEST SCANDAL. Not a new album at all though since it was released in 2009 I think.

Photobucket
Oh and lastly but not least - the autograph itself. It is on an A4 poster advertising SCANDAL's concert on 1st August in Kowloon Bay HITEC. I won't be able to go because of time issues (and I only just knew about it when I bought the package), but I know Rin from Koi Aichaku who went with me is definitely going for the concert. Luckily they sell concert tickets there too (250 HKD). No arranged seating there so be there and grab the best seats as early as possible!

Photobucket
Before SCANDAL appears

Photobucket
And afer the girls make their appearance

Photobucket
SCANDAL letting the fans take pictures before the hand shaking begins.

As for the autograph event itself, we queue up and wait for SCANDAL to arrive after giving the staff the allocation tickets we got by buying the fan package earlier that day (420 HKD). When they arrive at the scene they were greeted by a low pitch cheer (as expected ^^;) from the fans. Apparently to save time, the autographs are pre-signed already, so fans basically just get to shake hands with each member of the band and gets an autograph from a staff before he is asked to leave for the next fan's turn. So that means you won't be able to get them to sign on your CDs or albums or other merchandise. Oh well, at least you get to take a lot of photographs while queueing to shake hands, and getting to shake hands with a band one admires is sure something one won't get to do very often :o

Photobucket
SCANDAL members shaking hands with fans. After one shakes hand with the 4th member the next fan is then allowed to come up to shake hands.

Will have to keep them safe and send them to zenical once ACGHK 2010 ends! Coverage will come later this week :o


"I won't wash my hands tonight because of this!"

- Rin, after finally getting his hands on his autograph ^^;;;

6 comments:

  1. read this post on the train.. MAMI!!!!!!!!! I WANT TO SHAKE FAN WITH MAMI. ARGH >_<

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry I meant *hand. Wow I am too excited already LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How do you feel about the festival/expo so far? I only went on Day 1, and it was a bit underwhelming and overwhelming at the same time. This was actually the first time I've been to a convention, so I didn't know that many people actually go. But I was a bit disappointed I didn't see anyone famous, that I knew, anyways. The first day had the ACGHK girl competition and a certain mangaka's signing session, but that was it, I think. (I missed the cosplay competition). Yet there were so many people, so many stuff to look at, and so many cosplayers. I wasn't sure what to think.

    What are your thoughts?

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ zenical:
    Haha, zen is one happy girl ^^; They should come to you next week!

    Hope SCANDAL will get to go to Singapore in the future so you can meet them in person!

    @ Anonymous:
    Ah, it's your first time at a convention? I've only been to ACGHK in terms of anime-related conventions so I can't really comment much compared to other ones outside Hong Kong.

    From what the overseas Canadian Chinese told me, ACGHK is different to the ones in North Americas that they know of. Mainly that ACGHK seems a lot more people or crowded, and that there are more bigger official stores like Kadokawa. As for famous people, you have to look up who are being invited to perform or sign autographs. The number of such people invited as guests etc may not shine as much compared to some really big events outside like Anime Expo in USA or AFA, but it's still pretty good for an event that will only cost you 28HKD IMHO.

    For me, I anticipated the crowd so I mainly went there to see what's popular in terms of merchandise and cosplay etc, but also for the Dengeki Model Tournament. I can understand that it can be rather overwhelming for the first time, but at least you get to know how it's like! But the impression of a convention can be kinda different outside Hong Kong or Asia though, or at least from what the overseas Chinese had told me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Apparently to save time, the autographs are pre-signed already"

    One of the most brilliant ideas to make all fans happy. God, I wish all special guests goes with this idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Optic:
    I guess some fans might be disappointed that they can't get to see the autographs being signed or have their own collections (e.g. CD albums) signed, but it's a time efficient method afterall. The whole thing ended way before the scheduled time!

    ReplyDelete

Be sure to copy long comments to clipboard in case of Internet or server problems