24 March 2010

figma Black Rock Shooter preview

Photobucket
Preview pictures of upcoming figma Black ★ Rock Shooter (ブラック★ロックシューター, aka BRS) are up recently.

Photobucket


Photobucket
BRS with Rock Cannon, an extra arm seems to be provided to hold up the large cannon.

Photobucket
BRS with Black Blade

Photobucket
On the captions it said 4 different face expressions are available, but I only see 3. The blue flame is very likely to be attached on the front hair piece instead, but don't quote on me on that until I have confirmations on that.

Photobucket


Photobucket
The Rock Cannon sure is large - it's even taller than BRS when raised vertically!

Photobucket
Her coat seems to have joints like the mantle of the recently released figma Fate Testarossa The MOVIE 1st version. I think the stand pegs just above the shorts on the waist, but I can't be sure.

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket
Really like this picture of BRS with her eyes closed, and one of her twin tails is very long o_o


July release, official retail price stated to be 2800 Yen. Pre-order should begin tomorrow (25th March).

First debuted in Wonder Festival (aka WonFes) Winter 2010, I didn't think much of it when I saw the first pictures released there. Strangely enough the new pictures are starting to change my mind. The price is surprisingly reasonable, and I thought it would be above 3000 Yen. Well, let's just hope that the quality of the final product will be just as good when it's released, and that this won't be another figma that turns out to be another poorly distributed one with people rushing to buy one left and right in Hong Kong...

As for a quick info on the character, Black ★ Rock Shooter is apparently an original character created by an illustrator called huke. A song is later composed for the character with the Hatsune Miku program by supercell, and due to the similarities between Hatsune Miku and BRS, it is a common mistake that fans tend to mix the two characters as one (i.e. mistakenly think that BRS is a variation of Miku while they are supposed to be seperate characters). An anime series from studio Ordet is going to air this Spring as the studio's first solo production.

Well, I do admit that the more I look at this figma the more I am liking it.


Images from Mikatan's blog via Wcloudxkumo, Ngee Khiong, and figma blog

21 comments:

  1. I dub like figma that's why I save this time :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is gorgeous and all but... I'm almost tempted to consider this figure simply for her sword and BFG. Those two are like the most impressive accessories I've seen for a figma :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG so cheap! o.O i'm wanna buy it lol where can I pre-order her?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh, more damage to the wallet. Are you planning on getting the nendoroid?

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ moemoekyun:
    That's a bit of a bland statement, isn't it? Well just save money for the stuff you like then :o

    @ Z:
    Her BFG (laughs) is quite a beast; I mean it's even taller than BRS herself! I do like her Black Blade and I think it suits her quite well. Even though there are only 2 accessories I think it's still quite alright for 2800 Yen~

    @ AstrayP03:
    I know Hobby Search and Amiami are taking pre-orders now as of writing this reply. Check them out while they're still up!

    @ Asuka:
    Can be quite damaging indeed... I am just hoping that it's not too hard and expensive to buy one in Hong Kong. Haven't got an interest on the nendoroid one so I am happy with just the figma.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMGAWD,THis is fuwking Beauty in the Making, And a good timing too,my cash has been building up.
    Gotta love that BFG!!!

    Hoipefully the arm has die cast parts

    ReplyDelete
  7. Definitely one of the best figmas I've ever seen. Her face is flawless, and the accessories are AWESOME! ;3

    ReplyDelete
  8. I could've sworn I could hear Miku fans screamed "DECULTURE~!" XD

    @GunStray: Lucky dude, you. :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. @bd is BRS also miku variantion ?? I think BRS is different character. well the one who make them is same tho

    ReplyDelete
  10. The grenade launcher is very authentic... it's even got it's own stand! Makes me want to make one for the next anime convention in a 1:1 scale version!

    ReplyDelete
  11. @ GunStray:
    Good to know that you have been saving money for BRS~ The BFG is indeed big ^^;

    Die-cast parts? I don't recall figmas have that on any of the products released so far.

    @ Kei:
    It's been quite some time since there is a figma that made me really want to buy one. Let's hope the end product turns out good since I speculate that it will be a popular one in the figma line.

    @ bd77:
    Haha... "Deculture" ^^; Miku and BRS sure look similar, but they are not the same character as many have thought.

    @ moemoekyun:
    BRS is designed by huke; Hatsune Miku is designed by a mangaka called KEI.

    @ robostrike:
    I can't imagine how the figma will hold the Rock Cannon without the stand! I'm still thinking how to pose well with it when I buy one.

    You may make a life size version of it?? Sounds ambitious, but I do look forward to it if you do plan to do so!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ya, she looks really good. The poses you could make with her would be leaps and bounds. Maybe you could fit the sword in her hand when the other BRS figure comes out. So that would make even more poses lol.

    ReplyDelete
  13. @ AS:
    The other BRS figure? The figma BRS should have both "BFG" Rock Cannon and the Black Blade sword I think. But I do agree that it will have a lot of potential for poseability~

    ReplyDelete
  14. BRS seems to be massing up. Tons of BRS figures on such short notice O_o

    ReplyDelete
  15. @ Kei:
    I do get a tad worry that its release may get delayed later on. That reminds me that I got to go to a local shop to pre-order one as I am back in Hong Kong now for 2 weeks. :o

    ReplyDelete
  16. With all the preorders on my list, I'd say a few delays would do me good. everything is set for july X__X DAMN IT, I'll be broke again XD

    ReplyDelete
  17. @ Kei:
    Ah I did hear quite a few stuff are set for July release indeed. You got a lot of stuff for pre-order I assume? I think I only have BRS for that month so far lol...

    ReplyDelete
  18. @Q:
    Yeah... :( currently have 4 figs scheduled for July. And I'm about to experience another figure rain next month :(

    ReplyDelete
  19. Already ordered... Or more like immediately ordered ^^; I really wanted the PVC of BRS, but so expensive! So this will be the alternate solution. I wonder if they'll make a Black Blade version of this Figma too, lol. Did you hear about this Figma being labeled as an SP-# instead of a regular number?

    I'm gonna try to pose her with the cannon without that extra stand when I get her ^^

    ReplyDelete
  20. @ Kei:
    July sounds like quite a "rainy season" for you there. I wish good luck to you ^^;

    @ lightningsabre:
    Immediately ordered ^^; GSC's PVC version does look very nice, but the price is kinda steep for such size. Besides, I like having articulated stuff, so the figma will suit me fine. Black Blade version? You mean one with her coat taken off? Kinda doubt that will happen since the one we will get will have the Black Blade anyway.

    I do notice that figma BRS is gonna be a SP one, but I don't know why it is the case. One way or the other, this should hopefully be a normal release as pre-order is available in online stores rather than as event limited or Japanese stores limited etc.

    Posing the cannon without the extra stand will be quite a challenge, unless you are going to mimic the original artwork / GSC's PVC figure. :o

    ReplyDelete

Be sure to copy long comments to clipboard in case of Internet or server problems